Are Your Insured Properties At Risk of Flooding?
Storm Surge – Heavy Rainfall – Tidal Flooding
Insurers face mounting claims from floods and extreme weather impacts. At the same time, new business opportunities are arising as private flood insurance gains ground over inadequate NFIP coverage.
Our state-of-the art property-specific (up to 1 sq meter resolution) flood risk analyses are a new tool enhancing Managing General Agents’ specialized expertise in underwriting policies, and establishing coverage and pricing.
Available for any business or personal property in the U.S. — whether coastal or inland — our Flood & Climate Risk Assessment™ can help you optimize premium calculations by taking the guesswork out of reliance on outdated and inaccurate FEMA flood maps.
Coastal Risk provides detailed reports about a residential or commercial property’s: current and 30-year risk from:
- Heavy rainfall and river flooding
- Extreme tides
- Storm surge
- Hurricanes (Categories 1, 3, 5)
Coastal Risk’s technology helps:
- Agents sell more flood insurance
- Underwriters optimize premiums based on granular asset-level analysis
Our Science Includes
Phase 1 – Rapid Screen for Flood Risks
- “Screen shot” to rapidly determine flood risk (low-med-high) for multiple properties
Phase 2 – Take a Deeper Dive with the Flood and Climate Risk Assessment™
- For properties with significant flood risks, take a “deeper dive” with parcel-specific visual reports
Phase 3 – Flood Protection as a Service™
- Learning the flood risk of properties you insure is an important first step. For properties at risk, we can identify the measures that your insureds should take to protect their properties from future flooding, reducing your risk of future claims for damage and loss.
Have a question?
Advances in technology have become crucial in assessing a homeowner’s true risk and loss prevention. Firms such as Coastal Risk Consulting use LIDAR (light detection and ranging) to model water inundation and storm surges and assess risk by location.